Friday, May 1, 2009

It's Been a While

I haven't posted in a longer time than I had really expected to let this thing slide.

Why? You may ask.

Well I caught a cold, conveniently just before this whole pork flu issue made the news. My parents went haywire. My dad and brother kept bothering me and telling me I had it and I was confined to a bed for a while.

It was all insane.

Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about was people who pretend to be "helpless".

I'm sure that every one of you knows exactly what I'm talking about. We all know someone that just can't seem to do anything for themselves. Recently, it has been one of these extremely annoying people that has been giving me problems.

Two months ago I got a new cell phone, and after not having one for over a year, I was excited. So with a new contact list in tact and after spreading the word to the people I felt like telling...it was smooth sailing.

Well, so I thought. I have this friend that, while she is three years my senior, can't seem to do a damn thing for herself. Sure, if you bring it up with her, she'll argue like mad and rant about how she's an adult. But as soon as responsibility rears it's head she starts texting and calling and acting like a bird that can't leave the nest.

Why do we put up with these people?

I mean, most of us say that we don't, and yet we can all still say that we deal with these people that can't do anything for themselves?

I don't have the answer. All I know is that I once answered a phone call at 9am on a Saturday morning only to have a friend ask me how to fry eggs because he had never done it before.

I've simply come to the conclusion that I should spend more time blogging and less time answering lame text messages. Which means that this blog will be getting more attention...YAY!

Cube out!
(P.s. Check out my signature teas)

No comments:

Post a Comment