Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hamthrax

Alright, I want to take a moment to talk about this swine flu.

Now really: I realize that this is thing is only one step away from being a pandemic...which of course means that we should all flee to Madagascar. (Sorry, I had to be a dork for a second)

But really, it's almost a pandemic, which implies a certain level of seriousness be applied to the situation when thinking about the flu. I mean, at this point the choices are:

1) Walk around and behave normally as if there is nothing wrong, probably catch the thing...and possibly die.

2) Walk around with one of those masks on, look like an ass, and remind everyone of SARS. You'll have a lesser chance of catching it, but you still might and therefore still might possibly die.

3) Become a complete and utter hermit while the virus is going around. Avoid human contact and survive.

My mother is seriously looking into number three...however, I see holes in this plan. Someone would have to buy groceries eventually.

And then there's this whole issue with the schools closing down, which I do agree with because those places are disease breeding grounds. But really, the school system is in bad enough shape that they should take this opportunity to revamp the whole thing.

A little multi-tasking never killed anyone.

I'd also like to point out that I hate the term H1N1, not just because it's stupid, but because part of the reason they had to start using it was because people were starting to kill off pigs because the flu is called "Swine Flu". Are you kidding me? Sometimes people really amaze me.

You know, originally people were told to "dial nine-eleven in an emergency"...that had to be changed to "dial nine-one-one".

And you know why?

Because people said that they couldn't find the "eleven key" on the phone.

Come on people!

No comments:

Post a Comment